Washi tape, or Japanese masking tape, has become very popular over the last few years for stationery lovers, crafters and DIYers alike, and for good reason! Washi tape is colourful, inexpensive and the translucent and non-permanent stick aspect makes it great for all kind of projects.
In this post we have gathered six fun craft and DIY ideas to fill your home with washi tape fabulousness.
1. Create your own wall design with coloured and patterned tape. This is great in kid's rooms where you might want to change things up every now and then, or if you live in a rental house where you don't want to make any permanent changes to the walls, but want to add some personality.
2. You could use washi tape to display photos and mementos on your fridge, but why not take it a step further... create washi tape magnets! This fun tutorial shows you how to make the magnets look as though the tape has been torn. Such a fun way to be able to reuse your favourite tape over and over.
3. For a more permanent wall display, why not create a pattern or geometric design on paper and frame it!? It is such a simple and cost effective way to add some interest and personality to your home.
4. Create a play mat for your kids with washi tape. The colours and patterns of the tape are perfect for kids. Your little one will love their own city scape or countryside to explore and feed their imagination!
5. Pretty push pins can cost a pretty penny, but it is super easy to make your own! All you need is, you guessed it, washi tape and metal push pins. You could even decorate the plastic kind. Simple, but effective!
6. It couldn't get more basic than this! Upcycle your tin cans by removing their labels and prettying them up with some washi tape. Perfect for your craft table or the kid's crayons!
So there are six, simple, pretty and fun ideas for crafting and DIYing with washi tape. There are a plethora of them out there on the internet, so you can washi tape to your heart's content! Enjoy!