Monday, April 4, 2011

My $20 floor lamp

Here is my new $20 floor lamp!


I had been wanting a floor lamp to go next to 'my spot' on the lounge for a while. And I knew the look I was after. So I searched on ebay and found this one...

'Fantastic Retro Vintage Teak Mid Century Floor Lamp' but I forgot to bid and it ended and I was disappointed. It went for $49.95 + postage so I knew the rough price I'd be needing to pay for the base.


Anyway, literally the next day I was driving down the road taking Will to little school and what did I see lying on the grass out the front of a house... two floor lamp bases!

So on the way back I pulled over and checked them out and what do you know one of them was almost exactly like the ebay one I wanted. It wasn't broken or scratched or dirty or anything so I grabbed it and put it into the back of my car (I love my Outback station wagon for getting all my neighbourhood finds).

I put a bulb in and carefully check that it worked and it did!!! (I shielded my eyes so that if there were sparks and bangs I'd be 'protected') hehehehe.

Then I went to Target and bought an off white suede look lamp shade for $20. And here it is!


It's so cosy sitting in the lamp light.

Have you had any bargain finds lately????

Have a great Monday,




18 comments:

  1. That's the best example of 'everything happens for a reason' and of being in the right place at the right time.

    Happy reading beneath the glow of your new lamp.

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i loved reading this post.....and im loving your find TOO COOL 4 SCHOOL
    i have found some treasures i'm doing up at the moment, will share photos soonish big smooch and hope will is well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome find.

    I once bided on an item on ebay only to have it sell for much more than I bided. A few days later I was contacted by ebay to say it had been relisted. I won it for much less than my initial bid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great score. Well done you! And very happy lamplight sitting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love floor lamps. Yours was certainly a fabulous find! Looks amazing.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous and more gorgeous :) Meant to be, I would say!! ~ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got to love that! It looks perfect hon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, that really was fated, Janette. Good for you, eagle eyes! J x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great find honey...it looks awesome...love it in that little nook of the room youve placed it in..well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How about that!! How fantastic Janette. A great find!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fab, simple and elegant.. I found a fab vintage cot on the last council clean up, thought it was wicker but turned out to be woven plastic which was perfect as was able to scrub it clean and it is now sans base and a big toy basket on my daughters bedroom x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the floor lamps, what a great find. Enjoy your week.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love lamp light have one on right now. What a great find you have, the lamp goes so well with your sofa and cushions. Gx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great find, good pick up on the shade as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great find...just goes to show if it's meant to be it will happen :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely lamp! Your angels are not only guarding you. Have a delightful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A perfect find! Arent you glad you didnt end up bidding, it was meant to be. Looks great in the chosen spot too.
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I love reading your comments! Jxx