Monday, July 25, 2011

Stockist in the Spotlight: Gingersnaps Kidz


Today I have interviewed one of my newer stockists, the lovely Lauren from Gingersnaps Kidz.

Tell us about your shop
Gingersnaps Kidz is an online boutique selling products ranging from newborn to children's fashion, gifts and accessories. The continually changing products in store range from fashion to pram liners, teething beads to nursing covers, paint sticks to baby pouch slings, wooden musical instruments to beanbag chairs to name a few. The online boutique caters for newborns to 6 year olds.


When did you open your shop? and what was the motivator behind opening your shop/starting your own business?
I opened my store in September 2010 when I had just had my first child and I was looking for different products on the market but couldn't always find them all in the one location. I decided why not open a store which stocks all different products in the one location. I don't usually stock the products which can be found in the big baby stores as I would rather have a point of difference from these stores.

What is the biggest challenge?  
Advertising and working out where the money will be best spent in order to get the name out there. Also, trying to get people to come back to the store as we are always updating and stocking new and different products from all over the world.

What is the greatest reward?  
Getting feedback from happy customers who are so pleased with their purchases

What's planned for the future of your shop?
The shop has just changed its name to Gingersnaps Kidz and has just been relaunched so currently I am trying to create brand awareness for the new name and the new site.

Thanks so much Lauren! Check out Lauren's shop and all the gorgeous items she has hand selected.
You can follow Gingersnaps Kidz on Facebook here too! 

I hope you're finding this series as inspiring as I am.
Have a lovely day,
 

1 comment:

  1. Love reading about people opening up their own business! Very inspiring! Have a lovely week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I love reading your comments! Jxx