Image via here
I took Will to the doctor yesterday afternoon to get a new script for his croup medication which we'd run out of (poor bubba seems to get his croupy cough as soon as a runny nose hits).
And during the 1hr wait, he demonstrated his new walking skills to the entire waiting room which brought on cheers and claps from the onlookers. It was so cute! Everyone in the waiting room was asking about him and as we left we had 'Bye William', 'Good bye William' from his new fan club. So sweet!
So to try and make my boys better I made Cream of Cauliflower Soup last night for dinner. I don't know if Cream of Cauliflower has any healing properties like chicken or vegetable soup does but I had lots of Cauliflower to use so that's what they got and boy oh boy was it delicious!
Here is the recipe if you're interested:
Cream of cauliflower soup
Ingredients (serves 4)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 brown onion, finely chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 2 teaspoons ground coriander
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
* 750g cauliflower, trimmed, cut into florets
* 2 cups vegetable stock
* 2 cups water
* 1/4 cup cream or creme fraiche
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 7 minutes or until very soft.
2. Add coriander, cumin and chilli flakes. Increase heat to high. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower, stock and water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Set aside for 20 minutes.
3. Blend soup in batches until smooth. Return to saucepan. Stir in cream. Stir over low heat until hot. Season with salt and pepper.
Mmmmmm.... I never realised that Cauliflower as a soup would be so yummy but it was!
That's what I find is great about getting Aussie Farmer's Direct fruit and veg box delivered. They only give you fruit and veg in season and because you get a selection and quantity of things that you might not normally choose yourself, it forces you to be more creative with your cooking - well that's what I find anyway. And it supports our local farmers, the quality is better than coles or woolies and it reduces carbon emissions as your bananas aren't being flown in from Brazil or anything!
So it's another quiet day for me today, just doing orders and wiping snotty noses :)
I hope you have a lovely day and thank you everyone for sharing in my exciting news yesterday and for your sweet comments about our big milestone. It makes me so happy to share and your comments are so generous and sweet so thank you!